Wednesday 9 May 2012

क: असती आशय आनन्दा !! My Existence My Bliss

Yesterday I was having discussion with my friend about Life is general and the way our perspective changes as we grow old. She then asked me to write a post on same and pour my thoughts on this big energy web that connects modern world.
Perspectives, Perception and Personalities as very important factors influencing our life every moment every second. Interlinked and part of our evolution process they help us take decisions, formulate opinions and at same time help outside world to make opinions or decisions about us.

But many a times in the journey of life we forget that these are malleable in nature and not actually rigid. They are as malleable as our thoughts. basically if our thoughts change so does our beliefs, the habits, the perspective, perception and personalities. So how malleable are our thoughts? Are they hard as diamond or soft as clay?

Applying these concepts to my own self I feel thoughts range from clay to diamond and they don't remain at same level in our journey. most of the time thoughts which have been repetitive, ingrained in childhood are more like diamonds and others are lying somewhere in between on the scale.

E.g.
Current Thought:SUV's are best for travel.
New Thought: SUV's are fuel guzzlers.. Avoid them.


What happens if I try to break these diamonds? I may hurt myself mildly or harshly depending on thought per se and my attachment with that thought or I may hurt other person or hate the circumstance which acts as trigger for this thus attaching negative energy with the thought. Slowly the new thought will be seeded in my brain which may replace this thought. But this new thought though believed as good may keep on hurting me whenever life gives me an option to select between new or old. So how do I try to rationalise my behaviour and keep converting old thought slowly to new one?


Personally I feel we try to think diplomatically and use both these thoughts in different situations so making both of them clay or we make the new thought another diamond for us!! Whatever we do we attach a subtle self call it ego or part of my beliefs to this thought and that creates a subtle change in my personality.

So what happens when we grow old? This process keeps on happening always in our lives but how getting old makes us better? Perhaps for some never. But for many of us as we grow old we try to see ourselves through our own skeptical glasses. We try to see me, my ego, my beliefs as different entities and try to create solutions to improve rise them via better thoughts. We are more open at laughing at our attitudes or more at peace with our continuous churning and changes in thoughts.

There is nothing constant in MY ASTI. My ASTI (a Sanskrit word which translates to Existence in English)is continously evolving and all I can try is to accept it and associate a thought of Ananda (Sanskrit word meaning Bliss) to it. Association of joy, happiness and bliss to this changing personality will only create more happiness in my and your life.

Meditation is a beautiful tool which helps us to associate this feeling of bliss with our lives. Most of the meditation techniques I am aware of cater to part 1 where we try to see everything as detached. I was lately introduced to second part of Meditation where we try to associate love and happiness with our self. I found it on website:

http://www.jiva.com/ayurveda/treatment/phone-consultation.html

It is called as Jivananada.

If you happen to read my blog and try Jivananda for a Month or so then do share your experiences.

till then may Ananda fill your hearts and lives and bless this world.








No comments:

Post a Comment