Saturday 1 October 2011

Mausam hain Movie Time ka

Since last one month I was waiting for Mausam's release thinking that it would be great love story, so we decided to go for it. But then there were many apprehensions as my friends and public review response was coming negative :(
But surprisingly I liked it, I was sitting there till the last song and glued to screen. 
I would say it is one time watch. First half is very good and the way Punjab in 1992 has been shown it really is so true. Scenes like taking quilts from neighbors for marriage, that late teenage love it all seemed nice.

However I felt movie could have been better if it was shorter, around 2 hrs. If communication lapses didn't repeat so many times. from 1992 to 2001 Shahid and Sonam are separated because of communication issues.
If so many characters didnt die and leaving country or closing business was not an easy decision. Like Sonam's family shifting to  UK, the justification didn't make sense. Macho leaving everything... there seemed many gaps in plot.. alongwith a combination effort to show everything from Sikh riots to Kashmir to kargil.. blasts and Gujrat. That was building so much in one movie.. that is where my friends came from when they said.. oh it is so boring.. so stretched.

What kept me glued was acting.. all characters acted very good.. specially Shahid was way too good. Just loved him. his eyes were full of romance and naughtiness. and as Airforce officer he looked class. Sonam was also good but then Shahid stole the show. Their chemistry and everlasting love for each other was visible and I could feel that in their eyes. Being a big fan of Romantic english movies, I could feel something similar here with Shahid and Sonam. And that clicked with me and I unlike many others came out happy out of theatre. 


enjoy Sajh Dajh ke 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ2yXpl1Krw

good night guys!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment